One of the biggest hurdles the application developers used to face while developing an app or a web portal was making them compatible with devices of various screen sizes. That hurdle was taken care of by the introduction of responsive web development. One of the most interesting developments in the field of web development is the evolution of responsive web design. This responsive web design easily fits into all types of devices, compatible with the screen sizes, whether it is a tablet, a Smartphone or a computer. Without creating any disturbance to the clarity, the design automatically adjusts the layout to the screen size.
Nowadays, people in more numbers are looking for information on mobile phones and tablets, so, responsive web design has a significant impact on the SEO as well. In order to affect SEO positively, a website needs to have all the required elements of a responsive design.
So, how does responsive web design bring benefits to SEO? Let’s have a look:
- Enhances local SEO ranking: When you are targeting local keywords, the responsive web design would improve the search visibility for your web portal. When more numbers of mobile users are searching for local business directions, then, a responsive web design helps the search engine (Google) to identify that specific website, bringing a good page rank in the local search engine results. If the web pages are not mobile friendly, then there will be huge bounce rates due to poor user experience, which would negatively affect the position of the website in the search engine results.
- Helps to decrease SEO investment: A responsive web design comes with a single URL for both the mobile and desktop users, making it easier for the search engines crawl the content and the URL with ease. All the onsite efforts on the desktop version get converted into the mobile version, which includes SEO friendly content, meta tags, and internal linking structure. In a similar way, link building efforts are also equally maintained for both mobile and desktop versions, with the help of responsive web design.
- Locates and removes duplicate content: The website owners, who usually develop a separate mobile version of their website, have the tendency to replicate the original content from the original website to the mobile version. However, this leads to content duplicity and reduces the credibility of the mobile site in the search engine. With the introduction of responsive web design, now, the mobile site owners can develop the unique content removing all the challenges of duplicate content.
- Improves conversion rate: A non-responsive website is unable to compete with other mobile-friendly responsive websites, thus bringing a negative impact on the business. In order to grow your business, you need to reach out to more number of target customers and stay a step ahead than your competitors. A larger consumer base would automatically increase your chance of conversion.
- Saves money spent on mobile app development: Business owners can save money and time with responsive web design, which otherwise would have to be spent in developing an additional mobile website. With responsive web design, there is no need for separate development, support, and maintenance.